Via Sólveig I came across the question what one could give to a Deity as budget offering and here are my personal favourites:
- one bite of my meal. Even when I had very little money, I still would eat.
- findings such as acorns, stones, fir cones and so on.
- prayers, mantras and chants.
- tobacco from found fag butts (would need time to collect it, and I think time can be an offering as well).
- Karma Yoga: doing something for another person without expecting any reward.
- hair. And shaving, too. I have very long hair and sometimes John asks me to get it cut which indeed is a sacrifice for me. Shaving one’s beard or pubic hair can be an offering as well.
- remain silent for a certain span of time.
- fasting. Either eating nothing or abstain from certain foods or drinks. I myself fast alcohol for a few years now and meat and dairy as well.
- pain. I suppose that’s the BDSM part of an offering 🙂
- sperm, urine, blood and sweat, though I’d refuse to offer blood. I have injured myself long enough and don’t want to do it as a religious service.
When I think it over, more and more budget offerings come into my mind. And it seems to me that a lot of things in connection with BDSM serve as an offering for my Dom. I hope this does not offend any religious feelings, but BDSM has a lot to do with spiritual experiences for me.